This in-person, two-day event is based on our sold-out webinar series that teaches you how to utilize an everyday-carry (EDC) knife for self-defense.
About 99% of other knife classes start with the training blade already in your hand — yeah, that's the EASY part!
On the streets, the most difficult (and important) part is being able to create space, earn your draw, and accurately use your weapon in time. Why? Because if you can't effectively draw your blade, you might as well not carry it in the first place!
Our seminar will also explore the ethics and legalities of carrying and using an edged weapon — a topic that most instructors fail to address ...
... but can dramatically affect your life after any violent encounter — legally, financially, and psychologically.
This program is for prepared and responsible folks who currently carry a blade or are looking into carrying a blade for self-defense purposes.
Also, this course will be a good refresher for law enforcement and military who might carry a blade as a backup weapon.
Tiga Tactics co-founder, Dr. Conrad Bui, featured in an article about defensive folding knives in Recoil Offgrid Magazine.
This live and in-person event will take place on the following dates and times*:
Saturday, October 16:
2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, October 17:
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Lunch break
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
* Please note exact schedule is subject to change. We will email you if there are any changes.
We will be training live and face-to-face at:
Rounders MMA Fullerton
353 S State College Blvd
Fullerton, CA 92831
NOTE: The strip mall that Rounders MMA Fullerton is located in is hard to see from street level and there is no entry from State College Boulevard.
You must turn west onto Walnut Avenue to access the parking lot.
Fixed and Folding Knife Fundamentals
- Considerations for EDC knife selection
- Training knives overview
- Knife carry concerns
- How to draw your weapon quickly, safely, and effectively
- Drawing and deploying the knife during hostile conditions
- P.R.O. Method of self-defense
- 5 basic strikes and targeting
- 5 strikes with knife draw
- The concept of “slashing to thrust and thrusting to slash”
- Silat Square Concept
- Forward Grip
- Reverse Grip
- Forward Grip
- Forward Grip
- Reverse Grip
- Forward Grip
Efficiency and Movement
Physiology of the target and medical implications
- Stopping Power
- Review basic angles of attack and how they relate to the targets
Footwork: What and Why
- Triangle Footwork
- Zero Pressure
- Footwork drills for skills
- Footwork drills with knife
- Free Flow
- Why you shouldn’t be weapon fixated and should have backup “weapons”
What is the "Alive Hand” and the “Alive Body” and how that relates to knife fighting
- Alive hand
- Elbows & Knees
- Folder as Pocket Stick/Kubotan
- Empty hands to edged weapons draw practice, incorporate angles of attack, Silat square and footwork
Final Review and Training Considerations
- Stealth draw
- Fight to draw
- Draw to slash/stab
- Draw from different positions (e.g. prone, supine, etc.)
Pocket stick practice
- "Knife-Slinger Alley" drills
- Multiple attacker drills
- Aftermath of a violent encounter
- Daily training considerations
- Future training considerations (knife vs. knife, knife vs. firearm, knife vs. blunt weapon, knife grappling, double knives, force-on-force training and improvised edged weapons)
Dr. Conrad Bui
Co-Founder | Chief Training Officer | Chief Bone-Cruncher
- Former bar bouncer and security professional
- Guro (full instructor) in the bladed art of Kali
- Guru Tua (advanced instructor) in the bladed art of Pentjak Silat Serak
- Sigung (master-level instructor) in the bladed art of Kuntao Silat de Thouars
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt and gold medalist
- Muay Thai coach at World Team USA
- 5th-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and American Freestyle Karate
- Former Colorado State Champion in sport karate
- Doctor of Chiropractic
Co-Founder | Chief Executive Officer | Chief Keyboard Monkey
- Authorized instructor in the bladed art of Pekiti-Tirsia Kali
- 2nd-Degree black belt in Lai Chung Chuan Fa
- 1st-Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate
- Certified pistol instructor
- Instructor of women's self-defense since 2008
- Former senior editor of Recoil Magazine, where he studied under former and current Special Operations Forces instructors in advanced tactical firearms, executive protection, and force-on-force training
- Former columnist for Black Belt Magazine
Published knife reviewer since 2006
Our "EDC Edged Weapon 1.0" online course normally costs $300.
However, for a limited time, we're offering admission to our seminar at deep discounts* based on a tiered system — rewarding those who reserve their slot early:
Early Bird Special:
Now through Sept. 29, 2021
Sept. 30, 2021 through Oct. 13, 2021
At the Door:
Oct. 14, 2021, and after
* NOTE: All Rounders MMA students will receive a 50% DISCOUNT on admission. Please email us at email@example.com before you enroll, and we’ll get you the promo code. Or speak with Coach Joe Kim for details.
Access to Our Exclusive and Private Facebook Group (Value: $97): You will be amazed at the people actively participating in this group; like-minded individuals who discuss personal protection in a supportive and positive ways. No trolls here.
Training Manual (Value: $17): This eBook gives you 31 pages of instruction and drills (with pictures) so you can train anywhere, at any time, so long as you have access to a mobile device or computer. Or, simply print it out and carry it in your workout bag.
Unlimited Email Support (Value: Priceless!): Have a question? Something not clear? Simply email us and we will answer your question personally. We will not leave you hanging.
We’re also giving an additional 15% discount to those who put themselves in harm’s way for the greater good!
So, if you're an American or Canadian who is:
- A first responder (i.e. a firefighter, paramedic, EMT, lifeguard, etc.)
- Law enforcement (sworn or civilian, from local to federal)
- Military (active duty or reserve)
- A veteran
- A frontline healthcare worker (i.e. a nurse, doctor, tech, receptionist, etc.) …
… you can get an additional 15% off the lowest available price. (Cannot be combined with any other promo code.)
If you qualify, and you want in on the discount, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE you order, and we’ll take care of you.
It’s the least we can do for your service. But you gotta act fast because of ...
To ensure our high standards of instruction and personal mentorship, we limit the size of our seminars to ONLY 30 students maximum.
So don't delay — enroll now! Hit the red button below.
If you are not satisfied at any time during your session, we will refund 100% of your admission fee. NO questions asked.
Seriously. That's how confident we are in how valuable you'll find our "EDC Edged Weapon" program.